Lalor East Primary School will act to protect children from abuse, and build an environment where children feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential. We do this by providing a culture of child safety embedded throughout our school so that child safety is part of everyone’s everyday thinking and practice. This culture has been achieved through proactive leadership in demonstrating the appropriate values, attitudes and behaviours of Lalor East Primary School.
Our child safe environment is the product of a range of strategies and initiatives. At Lalor East Primary School, we foster a culture of openness, inclusiveness and awareness. Children and adults know what to do if they observe or are subject to abuse or inappropriate behaviour.
All staff and volunteers must consider the safety of all children, and recognise the importance of cultural safety for Aboriginal children, cultural safety for children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and the safety of children with a disability.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILD SAFETY
Lalor East Primary School:
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
CHILD SAFETY OFFICER
Linda Richards (School Principal) is our designated Child Safety Officer.
- Protecting Children from Abuse – Information for Parents & Carers
- Child Safe Policy
- Child Safe Code of Conduct
- Duty of Care Policy
- Mandatory Reporting Policy
Additional documents can also be accessed from the Policies page on our school website.