Lalor East Primary School welcomes school tours and enrolment enquires at any time throughout the school year.
Our Leadership Team and office staff are available to discuss enrolment issues and to offer support to parents as they consider their options. We strongly recommend that parents visit a number of local schools to ensure that the philosophy of the school is one that suits your child.
We offer an extensive orientation program for prep students starting at Lalor East Primary School in the following year. Enrolment forms can be downloaded from the site or may be collected from the general office. Families who require assistance in completing the enrolment form request assistance from the school.
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
To ensure that your child is enrolled at Lalor East Primary School you need to:
- Check that Lalor East Primary School is your local neighbourhood school by checking your address at www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au
- More information about school zones can be accessed from the Department of Education website.
- Contact the school online or call 9465 4350 to arrange a tour.
- Bring your child’s original birth certificate or passport which will be checked and returned to you. A copy of the birth certificate or passport will be retained by the school.
- Supply the completed School Entry Immunisation Certificate which is sent to you from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (Phone: 1800 653 809) by the start of school year. A photocopy of the School Entry Immunisation Certificate will be retained by the school.
- If your child has asthma or anaphylaxis, please provide a management plan and medication prior to commencing school.
Complete the prescribed Enrolment Application Form, This form is 8 pages long so please complete all sections.
To complete the Enrolment Form, the following information is required:
- Mother and father’s work information – occupation, name of company, address and telephone number
- Two emergency contact people other than parents, family doctors information, Medicare number
- Medical details about your child, any medical reports
To be sure that your child is eligible for school, Department regulations states the child must turn five on or before 30th April. Any concerns in relation to this regulation must be directed to the Department of Education and Training.